Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ideal Us

Need me
Like you do
Your worst habits
Love me like the tattoo
You’ve never had the balls to get
Curse me like the poem you’ve never been able to end

And in return I promise to
Only lie when its necessary
Leave you hieroglyphic love notes
So that you may remember
How the same frozen limbs could translate
Embraces in midflight
Or flailing arms as we both sink
I promise to not let you forget
How human we are
The taste of wicked porcelain on taste buds
The glass eyed wink of mortality
And how we could easily
Be infinity or oblivion

I will allow you to bruise me
Like fruits do
After too much touch
Ask you
To sing off key
While I stumble along on my guitar

We will never discuss religion
Because I am possessive
About my half religions
And the crucifixes I pack
And drag with me
Wherever it is the wind blows.

You don’t have to learn Spanish
To impress my mother
But I ask you
To love her food
Love her
And indulge my father
As he offers stories
About our motherland.

My sisters are earthquakes
And I simple tornado
So understand
We love being unstable
And prefer
To share our emotions
In fits of rage
Laughter
And fist fights

Sometimes I need to cry myself to sleep
Wrap myself in insecurities
Drag my soul like a blankie behind me

Its ok to be silent then
To avoid me
To stay out late with your friends

Its ok to resent me then
Because
I want you
To love
Like adults do
Or at least pretend to

Cold shoulders
Turned backs
Distant “I love you’s”

I’ll take them then, but know
That I expect to return
Like I will.

Because I will always
Need you like I do
My cigarettes
The stage
My pen

The same way
I know you do.
Boy blue.

Other half
And so much more
Love me
Like only
The madmen
Dare to do.

Completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment