Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Saturn

I am afraid
of the way
this poem
unravels,
telling more
than my heart
has dared to
tell my mind

foolish and reckless
this poem
comes running
to finger tips
with no answers
just questions
and too many feelings.

who are you and how did you get here?
do you love as easy as you speak?
what magic is your skin made of?
who do I thank for your smile?
for the laughter like rings ?
for you as beautiful as Saturn?

this poem
knows your gravity
the certainty of orbits
turning me into nothing
into everything
into this cliff diver
astronaut dare devil

and you
Saturn

So beautiful without
me,
just another one of your 52 moons,
watching from a distance
as this poem
unravels

and no one is watching
not even my mind
who still thinks
this poem
is about
everything
else
but falling
for you
and those rings

oh,
Saturn

..your rings

No comments:

Post a Comment