Thursday, January 14, 2010

Line 2 Westbound


Bus rides

And
Here we are

Two of us

Legs slightly touching
Shoulder to shoulder
I could smell you
And
I smile
Because
You just showered

I want to touch your knee
A slight gesture
Just to
Make you smile
I bet you have a
beautiful smile

The bus makes a turn
and I press into you
Feeling your warmth
through the layers of our clothes
Searching for a taste
of your arm hooked into mine.

maybe.

There is a perfect birthmark on your jaw line
That could easily be traced by my lips
Or my finger
Tongue
Eyelashes

My stop is coming
And for a fleeting second
I think of skipping it
Riding with you
To the end of our silent world
Sharing in the complicity
Of a thousand
Maybes
Love an endless possibility
We could unfold like the road

But
I don't know you
And
The light is changing

...


I'm left on the corner
As you ride off into the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment